Five Points Acupuncture & Wellness will not be treating any known, or suspected, cases of Covid-19 in the office. If you are sick, contact the office and we can set up a telehealth consultation to discuss the use of herbal medicine to help manage your symptoms.
If you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days, we will not be able to accept you as a patient at this time.
Following are our new procedures:
- You will be prescreened via phone prior to your appointment. For New Patients- your initial exam and consultation will be done via telehealth as well. We can do phone of HIPPA compliant video conferencing.
- When you arrive at the office, please wait in your car and call the office. You will be told when it is safe to come in.
- Upon entering the office, you will be required to sign a Covid 19 acknowledgment waiver.(one time only)
- We will meet you at the door to do a quick temperature check. If you are over 100.4 F, you will be asked to leave and call your doctor. Temperature checks will be done at each visit.
- All patients are required to wear a face covering of some kind the entire time you are in the office, for the duration of the treatment. We will be wearing surgical masks. We have masks available if you need one.
- You will be taken to the treatment room directly. No waiting in the waiting room.
- Please do not sit in any of the chairs- proceed directly to the treatment table
- Place all belongings on a table or windowsill- this will allow for easier cleaning after you leave
- We will require “touch less” payments for all patients. Credit card payments will be taken remotely and a receipt will be emailed to you.
- Follow up appointments can be scheduled prior to leaving the office. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your next appointment
- Patients are spaced out every 30 minutes and 1 treatment room will always be open to allow for a full cleaning
- Linens are changed for every patient. Tables are wiped down between treatments.
- High tough surfaces- door handles, light switches, call buttons, etc will be sanitized between patients
- Providers will wear masks and gloves while cleaning
- The restroom will be cleaned after each use.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers are available in all rooms.
What we need from you:
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. Should you need to bring a child, please give us a call.
- Please DO NOT bring unnecessary items into the office with you, i.e., purses, bags, water bottles, iPads, etc.. The fewer items you have the less likely we will have any issues with contamination.
- Please DO NOT come to your appointment if you have, or have had, any cold or flu symptoms in the past 14 days, have traveled recently, or have any of the symptoms that are associated with Covid-19. This applies if you have a household member with any symptoms. We know that there are many silent carriers, but out goal is to minimize any exposure of known causes. Instead, call us to reschedule or discuss other options.
If you are uncomfortable coming to the office for any reason, we understand. Please know that HIPPA compliant telehealth consultations are available. We offer far more than acupuncture in our clinic. We can work with you remotely to prescribe botanical remedies, breathing exercises, nutrition and supplement recommendations.
If any of us tests positive for Covid-19, the office will be closed for 14 days, disinfected, and all patients who have been in 14 days prior will be notified.