This policy describes how we may use and disclose your medical information, how you can get access to this information, and the safeguards we have put in place to protect your privacy. In the normal course of doing business, we may need to share limited personal medical and financial information with your insurance company¸ with Worker’s Compensation (and your employer as well in this instance), or with other medical practitioners that you authorize. You have the right to request a restriction of the amount and type of information we can share. Please keep in mind that any information we share is done in the normal course of business and in an attempt to provide you with the best possible service.
Safeguards in place at our office include:
- Policies and procedures for handling information.
- Confidentiality agreements with third parties to contractually comply with privacy laws.
- All medical files and records (including email, regular mail, telephone, and faxes sent) are kept on permanent file. All files are secured and out of public view.
- Limited access to facilities where information is stored.
In administering your health care, we gather and maintain information that may include non-public personal information such as:
- Financial transactions (billing history)
- Correspondence via letters, faxes, emails or telephone conversations to or from other health care practitioners.
- Information from health care providers, insurance companies, workman’s comp and your employer, and other third party administrators (g. requests for medical records, claim payment information). We use a third party administrator to verify insurance coverage, to bill and monitor insurance claims.
If you would like to gain access to your medical records, or to amend any information, you must submit your request in writing. If you have questions about our privacy guidelines, please call us during regular business hours at 1-781-944-3000. Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to continue to serve your health care needs.
Mark Whalen –Owner
Five Points Acupuncture & Wellness LLC